Relationships take work and dedication, and we understand this at East Bay Relationship Center. This is why we excel at all aspects of couples' therapy. We offer a proven approach including couples therapy worksheets, individual therapy sessions, and more. We put together several frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What services can clients get at East Bay Relationship Center?
We offer several exclusive services at East Bay Relationship Center, and we pride ourselves on being able to customize sessions to suit our clients' needs. Currently, we offer:
- Couples Counseling - Whether you need shorter sessions or longer marathon sessions, we'll fit sessions around your lifestyle. We'll help you reconnect and we'll teach you how to communicate more effectively through individual and couples counseling.
- Couples Workshops - If you don't need in-depth counseling, our staff can give you a small tune up to keep your relationship healthy. We offer couples therapy worksheets that help to identify and address any issues you may have.
- Family and Teen Sessions- If your family is having trouble transitioning or just having general tension, we can help. You'll be able to get a variety of counseling sessions ranging from one-on-one to group sessions, and short or longer marathon sessions.
- Individual Sessions - Maybe it's time to sit back and work on you. Our staff is ready to work with you in our individual sessions to help you move past any hurdles you have so you can develop a healthier and more balanced lifestyle.
2. Is there training available for interested parties?
Yes. We have several training tiers for our Gottman Method Couples Counseling. A certified trainer and consultant comes in and leads interested people through each of the three training sessions as well as the certification portion of the workshop. It ends with a consultation that brings like-minded individuals together to discuss the Gottman Method.
3. Do you host workshops and training?
Yes! Along with our Gottman Method Couples Counseling training and certification, we're proud to offer various workshops throughout the month. You can partake in single day workshops or our weekend workshops. They're perfect for couples or individuals who need time to focus on themselves. You get a discount if you register early and we always send out notifications for new events to our email list.
4. How do couples therapy sessions work?
Our staff works to create a personalized therapy session to help our couples come to an understanding and work through any issues they may have. Our intensive therapy is a four to six-hour session one or two days a week. We meet with the participants as a couple first and then as individuals. We take the information we get from the couples therapy worksheets and use it to build a comprehensive and tailored map for the rest of the therapy sessions.
5. What are a few of the guiding principles you use?
All of our staff members have certifications and experience to help them guide the therapy sessions through any obstacles smoothly. We use several guiding principles in our therapy sessions including:
- Focus on engaging and responding. Turn toward rather than turn away.
- Establish love maps to help build connections between families.
- Learn how to calm your child and yourself by stepping away from conflict.
- Dream together to create your definition of a family.
Contact Easy Bay Relationship Center Today!
Whether you're stuck in an endless cycle of arguing and conflict or if you just need a small fix, we can help. Contact us today to schedule your session and get on the path to healing!